Match Report: Single goal defeat away to MTK

A second half Torghelle goal saw the three points go to MTK on Tuesday evening.

Vidi travelled to Dunaujvaros, which is the temporary home of MTK on Tuesday evening. Defender Adam Lang was presented with an HLSZ award for his place in the dream team, which Roland Juhasz had earlier been included in. The award was given before the 18:00pm kick off. 

The first action of the game arrived on 6 minutes when Korozman went down the left, before passing to Torghelle, who volleyed at goal from 17 meters, which brought a save out of Kovacsik. Lazovic made MTK keeper Hegedus work at the other end, with the Serbian forward showing good movement and then shooting from 15 meters. Hrepka found himself with a good chance on goal after 20 minutes, and his shot from a tight angle beat Kovacsik and Lang was on his goal line to clip the ball clear. Hrepka was again in the action a minute later but this time his 15 meters shot was saved by Kovacsik. However, the ball rebounded into the path of Korozman, who tried to find the back of the net from close range, but Nego was on hand to slide in and clear the ball. 

Borbely fouled Nego on the edge of the box on the half hour, but the referee judged the challenge to have taken place outside the penalty area. Lazovic hit the resulting free kick at goal, but the ball hit an MTK player, which changed the direction of the ball, and almost ended in the back of the net, but it eventually went over the bar. 

Vidi started the second half on the attack, but they could not create any clear cut chance on the MTK goal. Torghelle released Hrepka with a good ball after 61 minutes, and the forward ran at goal and targeted the bottom right corner, but Kovacsik reacted very well to deny him with a good save. The Vidi goalkeeper was helpless 3 minutes later as MTK took the lead. A quick counter attack by the home side ended with Poor on the ball on the right side, and his cross was converted into the back of the net by Torghelle. (1-0).

Substitute Barczi saw his shot from a tight angle saved by Hegedus after 69 minutes. Nego was bundled to the floor after 72 minutes inside the box, but again the match official waved play on. A long range free kick by Borbely did not go too wide of the target moments later. 

Vidi pumped the ball forward in the remaining minutes, and sent in crosses and high balls, but the MTK defence dealt with anything that came their way. The referee blew for full time and MTK picked up the three points with their single goal win. 

Videoton are next in action on Sunday evening when Debrecen are the visitors to Felcsut.

Szerző: David Rechnitzer

További hírek