Big victory away at Paks

With Karamoko's double, our team took an important three points away from the second place team, after playing almost a full half with ten men.


The 28th round of the OTP Bank League NB I was played in Paks on Saturday evening. Our third-placed team played at the home of the second-placed side. Head coach Bartosz Grzelak fielded the following team: Tóth - Bese, Fiola, Serafimov, Gergényi, Schön - Christensen, Csongvai, Sigér - Karamoko, Stefanelli.

First Half: After Tóth's good saves, Karamoko hit the crossbar first, then scored a fine goal shortly afterwards

The game started with a very good performance of Balázs Tóth, who has been outstanding in recent weeks, in the 3rd minute the goalkeeper saved a close range shot by Könyves. In the 20th minute, Tóth again made a great save, deflecting Mezei's 23-metre shot. A minute later, we could have taken the lead, Karamoko raced through after a fine ball, ran past his defender and hit the crossbar from 14 meters. Paks got away with it, but in the 23rd minute our on loan striker turned the next chance into a goal: again Karamoko received a great ball and this time he calmly placed the ball into the left corner of the goal (0-1).

Half an hour into the game, he fired just over the goal from 16 metres after a nice feint. Shortly before the half time break, Paksi FC had a free kick from a dangerous position, but the shot was blocked by our wall, so we went into the half-time break with a 1-0 lead.

Second half: a brilliant second half: red card, yellow cards, big goals and Tóth pulled off more good saves

The second half started nightmarishly, Csongvai and Kinyik went for the ball, our vice-captain made contact with his opponent's head, for which he was immediately given a red card. Fortunately, the Paks player was not seriously injured, and after a few minutes of treatment with a bandage on his head, he was able to continue the game.

Our team didn't stop even when they were a man down, and in the 55th minute Schön gave a smart ball to Karamoko, who first beat Szappanos and then shot the ball into the goal from a sharp angle (0-2).

In the 69th minute, Windecker headed at goal, but Tóth saved again as has become expected of him. In fact, after three minutes Windecker tried again to get a header into our goal, but this time the home striker was not on target. The match was tense throughout, not only on the pitch, but also on the bench.

In the 84th minute, Balázs Balogh' s 28-metre powerful strike found its way into the goal (1-2), an exciting end to the game resulted for the teams. In the last minute of normal time, Tóth saved a close range shot by Kovács, and then came the eight minutes of injury time, which was full of action. The most notable was a suspected penalty situation in the 97th minute, the ball bounced off Schön's hands inside the box, but Kovács had fouled him before the incident, and we were eventually awarded a free kick. In the dying moments, Szappanos even went forward for a corner kick, and in a great and exciting game we won in Paks after five years, reducing the deficit to one point against the Tolna county side.

Our team will host ZTE FC next Sunday afternoon at the Sóstói Stadion.

Szerző: David Rechnitzer

További hírek