Four-goal success against Budapest Honvéd!

Another confident victory for our team at home, this time Dárdai, Kodro, Funsho and Budu scored!

After Thursday's five-goal victory against FC Petrocub Hincesti in the 2nd round of the OTP Bank League, we hosted Budapest Honvéd in the MOL Arena Sósto on Sunday evening. Michael Boris named the eleven of Kovács D. - Fiola, Stopira, Shabanov - Nego, Pinto, Bumba, Heister - Dárda, Petryak - Kodro in the starting eleven.  Before the match, our sporting director István Sallói greeted Szilveszter Hangya, who played his 150th NB I match against Paks, and the kick-off was taken by our U13 talent Soma Tajti-Horváth.

The first ten minutes was mainly fought in the middle of the pitch, with fans first getting their heads up in the 11th minute for a hard Bocskay challenge, for which the young Honvéd midfielder received a yellow card. In the 17th minute, Petryak's left-wing cross was missed in the middle by his teammates, or you could say it was a long pass - it's a matter of opinion. In the 20th minute, Petryak was tripped by Jónsson 19 metres from the Kispest goal, the free kick was taken by Kodro and the ball bounced off the wall and behind the goal line. Two minutes later, Nego's centre was met by Szappanos in the visiitng goal, who picked up the ball from Petryak, who was coming from long range. But after half an hour of play, the visitors' goalkeeper was helpless, and after a pass from Nego, Dárdai stuck a left-footed shot into the right side of the goal from 20 metres out (1-0)! A really nice individual goal.

Only three minutes had passed when our fans could celebrate again! Shabanov set up Heister on the left, who crossed to Kodro, and our Bosnian striker made no mistake as he found the net from close range (2-0)!  In the 40th minute, after a corner from Kispest, Bocskay lifted the ball at goal, but Kovács was on the spot and the half ended with Vidi leading 2-0 after a minute of extra time.

Michael Boris made no changes at the break, with Tam Courts sending on Nenad Lukics for former Vidi midfielder Nikola Mitrovic. Kispest started the half in a more attacking spirit, first with Ennin in position, then Zsótér's 22-metre free-kick bounced out for a corner. In the 48th minute, Petryak replied with a 13-metre shot over the goal. Four minutes later Szappanos made a great save from a header by Rúben Pinto. In the 55th minute, his counterpart Dániel Kovács also showed a great save from Zsótér who was in a great position. After almost an hour of play, Pinto clashed heads with Bocskay, our Portuguese midfielder was able to carry on in the game with a bandage on his head until the 61st minute when Makarenko replaced him.

Seven minutes later, Kodro's shot was blocked by a Kispest full-back and the rebound was headed over the goal by Bumba. It was the last time for both of them on the pitch, as Kodro was replaced by Zivzivadze, Bumba by Pokorny and Ivan Petryak was replaced by Funsho in the 70th minute. The winger, who has also been a Hungarian national since May, wasted no time in heading home from his first touch of the ball after Dárdai's corner was flicked on by Makarenko to the unmarked Funsho (3-0)!

In the 81st minute, Kocsis was in position, but the young striker's shot was off target. Not so Budu Zivzivadze, who, at the end of a nice individual move, first kicked the ball at Szappanos, but calmly rolled the rebound into the goal past Lovric and Prenga (4-0)! The result remained unchanged during the two minutes of extra time, after Thursday's five-goal victory we beat our opponents by four goals this time, now we have a rematch against FC Petrocub and the league match against FTC!

Szerző: David Rechnitzer

További hírek