Three second half goals helps Vidi to 3-1 win

Goals from Funsho, Dardai and Szabo gave Vidi the 3 points at Mezokovesd.

Vidi travelled to Mezokovesd for a rare midweek league fixture on Wednesday. Our team travelled east on Tuesday and even had a light training session in the morning. Manager Imre Szabics chose the following side: Kovács D. - Bolla, Rus, Musliu, Fiola - Funsho, Nego, Houri, Dárdai - Nikolic, Zivzivadze.

Nikolic had the first chance on 5 minutes from 18 meters, but his shot was blocked. Then shortly after that chance, Fiola tried from a tight angle, but Vajda managed to clear the danger from in front of the home goal. Mezokovesd took an unexpected lead after 13 minutes: Besirovic fed Vutov with a neat ball and he blasted home from close range under the bar to give Daniel Kovacs no chance 1-0.

Besirovic sent a high ball in towards the box from a free kick for the home side. It ended with a header but Kovacs was well placed to save it. Farkas sent a low shot on 25 minutes from around 17 meters out but again our keeper was well positioned. Houri showed good skill three minutes later before shooting just over from 20 meters. His good movement left a defender on the floor in the build up. Vidi thought they had levelled but the linesman raised his flag and it was disallowed. 

The second half was 8 minutes old when Bolla curled a ball in towards goal, which was met by the head of Zivzivadze, but Szappanos did well to tip the ball over. Vidi scored an equaliser after 59 minutes: Dardai putting in a cross from the left and it fell to Funsho, who made no mistake from 9 meters (1-1). 

Kovacs needed to be alert in goal to deny Vajda' curling effort from 15 meters, but he dived to his left to tip the ball away. Vidi turned the game around on 65 minutes after keeping the pressure on the home goal. Nego lifting a lovely ball from the right into the path of Dardai, whose sweet volley ended in the bottom corner (1-2).

The final 10 minutes of the game included plenty of action in what was a good match. Bolla shot from 7 meters from a tight angle, which brought a save out of Szappanos. Then a cross from Dardai on 83 minutes was cleared just ahead of the waiting Petryak. The ball landed at the feet of Houri, but his curling shot from 17 meters went wide of the goal. A powerful shot from Martic a minute later was saved by Kovacs. The home side tried hard towards the end to level the score, but it was Vidi who went down the other end to score their third. Petryak centred from the right and Levente Szabo connected with the ball and beat the keeper for his first NB I goal to make it 1-3,

It was our third league win in a row and another match when we managed to come from behind. Vidi are next in action on Sunday at the MOL Arena Sosto when we face FTC.

Author: David Rechnitzer

More news