Futacs comes on to win the three points for Vidi

MOL Vidi FC beat Ujpest 2-1 in the OTP league to pick up 3 important points.

MOL Vidi FC met Ujpest FC at the MOL Arena Sosto on Saturday evening. Both teams had picked up 9 points from their last 3 games going into the match.egymással. 

Hodzic scores in the first half to give Vidi the lead

Both teams started on the front foot in the early moments of the game in Szekesfehervar. There were around 4500 present to see two in form sides in the OTP League. Stopira released Hodzic after 2 minutes and he showed good skill to go past Balazs, before crossing into the middle for Kovacs, but he could not make clean contact. Two minutes later and a cross from Nego on the right found Hodzic, who could not beat keeper Pajovic from close range. Ujpest had their first chance on 7 minutes when Burekovic lifted the ball in between two defenders for Pauljevic to shot low, but Kovacsik was equal to it and denied the Ujpest player. 

There were 15 minutes on the clock when Milanov beat Litauszki, one-on-one but Sankovic slid in hard and the Bulgarian midfielder suffered an injury, which eventually saw him forced to come off 5 minutes later. However, Vidi managed to take the lead before that forced change after 18 minutes. A free kick around 23 minutes from goal was hit low and hard by Huszti, and it came back off the post and into the path of the alert Hodzic to make it 1-0.

Vidi comfortably defended their lead in the minutes that followed with the tempo seeming to slow down a little. However, the supporters still had plenty to keep them interested in this league game. Visiting player Zsoter tried from 22 meters and his powerful shot came back off the crossbar. There was time for another chance for the visiting side as the first half came to an end. Pauljevic fed Onovo with a pass but again Kovacsik was equal to it and the two sides went in to the break with Vidi leading 1-0.

Zsoter levelled in the second half, but substitute Futacs came on to decide the game

Both sides had long range efforts at the start of the second half. Hadzic tried for Vidi while Pauljevic shot at goal for the lilacs. A cross on 53 minutes from Huszti was aimed at Juhasz, who had raced forward, but he could not find the ball with his head. Defender Ristevski seemed to handle following pressure from Hodzic after 56 minutes inside the box, but referee Ivanyi waved play on. A cross from Stopira a minute later was met by Patkai, but he could not direct his effort at the Ujpest goal. The visitors had another chance at the other end with a shot from Burekovic from 24 meters heading for the bottom right, but Kovacsik got down well to palm the ball out for a corner. 

A ball into the box from Onovo after 64 minutes was controlled by Zsoter, with Stopira putting pressure on him, but the former Vidi player volleyed a low shot into the back of the net to make it 1-1. Elek was replaced by Futacs after 69 minutes as manager Marko Nikolic pushed his team on for the win. The forward did not have to wait long to score the decisive winner after 71 minutes. A curling ball in from the right from Nego was met by Futacs and the ball found the back of the opponents net. (2-1).

Kovacsik comfortably saved a shot from Racz on 75 minutes, while Nikolov came on 6 minutes and he too almost scored from his first touch. Kovacs played the ball out to the international midfielder, but keeper Pajovic saved his shot. 

Zsoter was dangerous at the other end with his powerful long range strike that went over the bar. There were 5 minutes left of the match when Hadzic tried his luck with a shot from distance that was stopped by Pajovic. There were no further changes to the score in the remaining minutes of the match and the gap with leaders FTC remains at 8 points.

Vidi are in Hungarian Cup semi-final action on Tuesday evening when DVSC are the visitors at the MOL Arena Sosto. Then Marko Nikolic takes his team to Ferencvaros next Saturday.

Szerző: David Rechnitzer

További hírek