Nice goals and victory against PAFC

Kodro hit a double, while Christensen scored, Balázs Tóth saved a penalty!

In the 15th round of the OTP Bank Liga on Saturday at 15:30 we hosted Puskás Akadémia at the Sóstói Stadion, where it was our team's 100th match since the opening of the stadium in November 2018. The good news was that Attila Fiola and Milán Pető returned to the squad, they were on the bench at the beginning of the match, while the starting line-up this time included Tóth B. - Csongvai, Serafimov, Gergényi - Bese, Katona, Flores, Christensen, Schön - Kodro and Szabó Levente.

We started the game well, in the 5th minute Schön's strong shot was well saved by Markek, but a minute later the Felcsút goalkeeper was helpless - after a nice solo shot by Christensen he unselfishly passed to Kodró, who of course did not miss the empty goal from close range (1-0). Our team didn't stop after the goal either, in the 12th minute Kodro's shot from 16 meters was saved by Markek, and then Balázs Tóth saved Plsek's attempt.

In the 21st minute the excitement increased, Katona made contact with the ball and also Zsolt Nagy's foot inside our penalty area, Bognár awarded a penalty. Plsek got behind the ball, the Czech player aimed for the bottom left, but Tóth guessed his former teammate's thoughts and saved really well.

For a while after that, the teams battled it out in the middle of the pitch, but in the 34th minute Christensen flashed again! He confidently burst into the box, and from 15 yards out, fired the ball past two defenders into the far corner (2-0) following a well-constructed counter-attack that saw Schön shoot towards goal, but Markek saved, and at the end of six minutes of extra time, the visitors' goalkeeper again made a great save from Kodro's header before Bognár called time.

Bartosz Grzelak made no changes at the break, but Zsolt Hornyák made two substitutions, with Slagveer and Levi replacing Sosialo and Plsek. In the 56th minute, the visitors managed to make things right, as Levi's free-kick bounced from Stronati to Colley, who slotted the ball into the net from close range (2-1). In the 67th minute, Katona was replaced by Karamoko, and three minutes later, the French forward gained hold of the ball and played it to Szabó, who was in a great position to shoot at the far post, but Markek saved.

We increased the pressure, Flores also tested Markek with a low shot from 20, who hit the ball straight to Kodro, and our Bosnian striker hit the post from close range. Karamoko continued his active play, and in the continuation he won a penalty, which Kodro very confidently converted in the 76th minute (3-1)!  In the 82nd minute our Swedish head coach made two changes, Rúben Pinto replaced Christensen and Kastrati replaced Levente Szabó. Five minutes later, a PAFC substitution, Levi tried to surprise Balázs Tóth with a long free kick, but our goalkeeper was alert. In the last minutes Csaba Spandler came on for Schön, then Bognár blew for full time, we deserved to keep the three points against Puskás Akadémia.


Author: David Rechnitzer

More news