Exit from the Europa League as Partizan win in Felcsut

The Serbian visitors hit three goals in the first half to make it through to the group stage.

There was great expectation ahead of the second leg of the Europa League play off's. All tickets were long sold as the two teams came out onto the green pitch at the Pancho Arena. Asmir Suljic returned to the starting line up after missing the first leg through suspension.

The game kicked off and Vidi soon found themself with a chance on goal. With 4 minutes on the clock, Nego shot at goal and that brought a good save out of keeper Stojkovic. Two minutes later and the visitors took an unexpected lead: Suljic lost possession inside the Partizan half, and a 4 man counter attack ended with Tawamba finding the far corner to make it 0-1.

Vidi could have scored 3 times in the next 5 minutes but they could not convert either of them. Scepovic sent a low ball into the middle for Lazovic to hit first time wide of the left post. Lazovic then saw his header saved by the Partizan keeper. Finally Henty also sent a low shot the wrong side of the right post. Henty and Stopira tried their luck with long range shots as the action continued. Then Partizan doubled their lead on 24 minutes: Djurdjevics stepped between the two defenders and he played in Soumah, who made no mistake to make the score 0-2. 

Osztojics' pass back was short and Suljic was pulled down but referee Marriner only pulled out a yellow card to the defender. The resulting free kick from Lazovic hit the wall. Radin hit a long range effort at Kovacsik on 32 minutes. Then 3 minutes later, the visitors were celebrating another goal to put the tie beyond doubt: Jankovics sprinted away alone down the right before crossing for Djurdjevics to increase the lead and make the score on the night 0-3. There was still time for a Lazovic header on half time but the two sides went in with the visitors firmly in control. 

The second half started badly for the red and blues with Roland Juhasz seeing his second yellow from the English official. That left Vidi with 10 men to find 4 goals in 40 minutes. The visitors slowed things down and Videoton could not muster a chance on goal. Patkai had a shot saved by Stojkovics after 60 minutes. At the other end Osztojics sent his header wide of the target. Stopira shot over on 74 minutes before the Serbian side scored the fourth on the night after 87 minutes. The Serbian top scorer Djurdjevics made no mistake from 13 meters to make it 0-4.

There was no further change to the score and Partizan emerged 4-0 winners in Felcust. The aggregate 4-0 win means they will go into the draw for the Group stage on Friday.


Author: David Rechnitzer

More news