We are out of the cup

ESMTK won 1-0.

MOL Hungarian Cup, 2023-2024, Round 3, Round 3

16 September Saturday

  • Lucz


ESMTK Stadion Budapest

Fehérvár FC


Jeszenszky Ádám - Tagai András, Slezák Richárd, Soós Bence (Helmich Pál Boldizsár 68'), Kovács Botond, Márton Dávid, Molnár Róbert, Molnár János, Wirth Dániel (Rédei Adrián 92'), Molnár Tamás, Lucz Viktor

Fehérvár FC

Tóth Balázs - Bese Barnabás (Fiola Attila 81'), Csongvai Áron, Spandler Csaba, Gergényi Bence - Lirim Kastrati (Katona Mátyás 69'), Franck Bambock (Kalmár Zsolt 46'), Tobias Christensen (Deybi Flores 69'), Schön Szabolcs - Mamoudou Karamoko, Szabó Levente (Kenan Kodro 46')

Match officials
Antal Péter

Antal Péter

Garai Péter, Kiss Balázs

In the 3rd round of the MOL Hungarian Cup we played ESMTK (NB III) on Saturday afternoon. The match against the third division team from the capital saw a startling line-up of: Tóth B. - Bese, Csongvai, Spandler, Gergényi - Kastrati, Bambock, Christensen, Schön - Szabó L., Karamoko.

The first part of the match was mostly played out in the middle of the pitch. The first real action saw home goalkeeper, Ádám Jeszenyszky having to save Csongvai's free kick in the 24th minute. After that, things got more lively, our goalkeeper Balázs Tóth made a great save from Soós' 18-metre shot, in the 36th minute Jeszenyszky saved Schön's precise but not very strong low shot, and three minutes later Lucz missed a great chance from 5 metres. At the end of the half, Jeszenszky made two good saves, first from a close range shot by Bese and then on a free-kick by Levente Szabó.

During the break Levente Szabó was replaced by Kenan Kodro and Franck Bambock by Zsolt Kalmár. We came out with more momentum and managed to create several big chances in a short time. Within ten minutes we went close five times: first after Bese's cross Karamoko shot in the box, Jeszenszky saved, then Kodro's shot was heading into the net, but the ball bounced off a defender for a corner. Kalmár's superb shot was then well saved by Jeszenszky, who was on hand for Kodro's two attempts.

After a lot of chances, a quiet period followed, broken by Lucz's shot in the 64th minute, but Tóth did not have to save. Three minutes later, János Molnár's shot bounced off the back of Spandler for a corner, and in the 69th minute Flores and Katona came on for Christensen and Kastrati. In the 76th minute, Lucz crossed the ball to Tóth from the edge of the box and he ruthlessly slotted the ball into the top right corner (1-0). Unfortunately, in the second half, only a smart save by Balázs Tóth and a Schön cross were not enough and in the end ESMTK went through.

Author: David Rechnitzer

More news