Three points against Honvéd! Bartosz Grzelak makes his debut on the bench with a win!

In our new head coach's first game, we beat Kispest 2-0 with goals from Mátyás Katona and Kenan Kodro. 

In the debut match of our new head coach Bartosz Grzelak, we hosted Budapest Honvéd at the MOL Arena Sósto. In the final match on Saturday of the 24th round of the OTP Bank Liga, the Swedish coach sent out the eleven of Kovács D. - Bese, Csongvai, Stopira, Heister - Dárdai, Flores, Christensen - Katona, Kodro, Schön. This time the team was accompanied by athletes from the Hungarian Special Olympics Association to mark the upcoming World Down Syndrome Day.

Stopira was active at the start of the game, first trying to head in a corner but colliding with Honvéd goalkeeper Gellert Dúzs (luckily neither player was injured), then in the fourth minute he made a great tackle from Kocsis. In the 15th minute, Prenga's header was saved by Kovács, but "in vain", we were awarded a free kick for a foul, Nenad Lukic had a shot on goal but sent the ball wide of the post.

But in the 34th minute Mátyás Katona made no mistake and gave our team the lead! At the end of a nice Vidi attack, Dárdai centred to our winger, who arrived well at the far post and shot the ball beyond the goal line from close range (1-0)! Three minutes later, Lukic was in position again, from a sharp angle he tried to surprise our goalkeeper with an effort, but Kovács was alert. The first half ended with Vidi leading 1-0.

Neither head coach made a substitution at the break, and the second half started with a VAR review for a situation inside our box, but no fouls were seen by VAR. Two minutes later, Kovács made a great save, Kocsis had a one on one chance to level for the visitors, but our goalkeeper came out well to save. Things got lively, in the 52nd minute Katona's shot was cleared by Dúzs, as he was able to clear the ball from the oncoming attackers.

We made a substitution in the 67th minute: Tobias Christensen was replaced by Jevhen Makarenko, and seven minutes later Kodro's cross was parried out by Szabó from a corner by Schön. The match was 79 minutes old when Samperio's 19-metre shot was saved again by Dániel Kovács. Soon afterwards, his colleague Kovács was at work at the other end. Dúzs, who was on the end of Heister's well-struck shot. In the 83rd minute, Katona Mátyás was replaced by Lirim Kastrati. A penalty was awarded at the end of normal time - Heister was fouled by the visitors. Kodro was on hand for the penalty and our striker confidently scored from the spot (2-0)! It was our striker's 10th goal in the league. In the extra time, no more goals were scored, we defeated Kispest by two goals. After the national team break we will play Ferencváros in two weeks, on April 2 at 16:30.

Szerző: David Rechnitzer

További hírek